Textures - It's Nature's Way
We can learn a lot from nature.
Exploring Nature's Textures
Variety in nature is an amazing aspect of the world around us. We often see the variety of color and shape but to a lesser degree the texture, touch and feel. In this series of photos I explore the incredible texture of nature's creations.
Texture Definitions to Ponder
- the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface: rough texture.
- the characteristic structure of the interwoven or intertwined threads, strands, or the like, that make up a textile fabric: coarse texture.
- the characteristic physical structure given to a material, an object, etc., by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts: soil of a sandy texture; a cake with a heavy texture.
- an essential or characteristic quality; essence.
- Fine Arts .
- a. the characteristic visual and tactile quality of the surface of a work of art resulting from the way in which the materials are used.
- b. the imitation of the tactile quality of represented objects.
- the quality given, as to a musical or literary work, by the combination or interrelation of parts or elements.
- a rough or grainy surface quality.
- anything produced by weaving; woven fabric.